At CBTE 2019, theological educators will learn alongside their peers in other disciplines about the latest developments in competency-based education (CBE) from top experts in the field, and then gather periodically throughout the conference to share ideas and discuss common and unique aspects of the theological context. While CBTE and CBE share much in common, emphasis on mission, church and character formation uniquely shape CBTE program design and delivery.
Along a CBTE-only kick-off session on Oct. 22nd, CBTE-specific breakout sessions will be offered throughout the conference on topics including:
- CBTE as an educational philosophy and what makes it distinct from CBE
- Diverse program delivery models utilizing the CBTE philosophy
- CBTE program development and implementation
- CBTE curriculum development workshops
- Faculty and mentor roles and models in CBTE program development and delivery
- Leadership and administration roles and responsibilities in CBTE program implementation
We will be posting further information on sessions and speakers here as soon. In the meantime, if you have suggestions or recommendations, please connect with us using the Contact Us form.
CBTE 2019 is an opportunity for theological educators to gather as peers and explore one of the most exciting innovations in theological education in decades. For maximum cost savings, make sure you register prior to the Early Bird registration deadline of June 1, 2019.