CBTE 2021 is an opportunity for theological educators to gather in-person and online to explore one of the most exciting innovations in theological education in decades.
Pre-Conference, Tuesday, November 9, 9 am – 3 pm
CBTE Boot Camp: An Introduction to CBTE
Are you interested in CBTE but find yourself confused by unfamiliar terms, conflicting definitions and differing models? If you would benefit from an overview of concepts, delivery models and curriculum design, join us for a 1-day introduction to CBTE. Through presentation and discussion, we will:
- Discuss underlying philosophies of CBTE and how they translate into program principles and practices
- Discuss the differences between CBE and CBTE, introducing terms and definitions
- Compare and contrast a variety of CBTE delivery models, including purposes and contexts
- Compare and contrast assessment models
- Deconstruct a backwards design model for integrated curriculum and assessment
- Provide examples of CBTE curriculum
- Discuss how to adapt conventional programs and course curriculums to CBTE
CBTE Track Kick-Off: Tuesday, November 9, 4:00 – 5:00 pm
Meet your CBTE peers attending the conference and where each are at in CBTE program exploration, development and delivery. This session will also provide an overview of the CBTE track and how it fits into the overall CBExchange conference.
CBTE/CBExchange Opening Reception: Tuesday, November 9, 6:30 pm
Conference: Tuesday, November 9, 6:30 pm – Friday, November 12, noon
While CBTE and CBE share much in common, emphasis on mission, church and character formation uniquely shape CBTE program design and delivery. Join in the conversation as we discuss implementing and expanding CBTE philosophy and practices in theological education.